• Show
Clear All

• Iol - Frost DK X-Realm Application.

About you

Name (first will do): Greg

Location (country is sufficient): UK

BTag: Rewdee#2298

Rate your English (1-10): 10

Any other languages spoken fluently: Nope, I'm an ignorant Englishman.

Will anything in your life routinely interfere with your ability to make our 3 raids a week:

I run a business so only if something brown hits the fan.

Anything else you'd like to tell us about yourself:

Feels like I'm filling out a tinder profile. Pretty average single male. Work out a lot. Work a lot. Rides motorcycles for shits n giggles. Currently lacking a social life, hence raiding application.

In-game history

Around about when did you start playing (Expansion and tier): First started on day 1 of Vanilla and have raided on and off since.

When did you start raiding current, progressive content (instance is sufficient): First serious raiding was the whole of TBC, through into Wrath and the end of Cataclysm. I haven’t raided properly since then.

Give us a brief rundown of the bosses have you killed while they were current tier (we're trying to gauge your raiding pedigree; "killed twin emps during vanilla" is useful information, "cleared AQ40 during wrath" is not):

Best off if i just list them by expac here :

Vanilla : ZG/MC/AQ20/BWL/OL

TBC : Kara/Gruul/Mag/SSC/CoT/TK/BT. Guild stopped after BT

WoTLK : Naxx10/25, OS10/25, EoE 10/25, Toc 25, RS, ICC 11/12 HC 25

Cata : BoT 10/25, BD 10/25, DS 10/25

Legion : EN 7/7 HC.

Tell us about your past guilds, where you raided with them and why you left them (we may check up, so be honest):

Its very outdated but I shall list them by expac .

Vanilla : I legit cant remember, have slept a few times since then.

TBC : Massacre-Ragnaros. Raid Leader. Guild disbanded after BT

WOTLK : Northrenders. Sort of surpassed them in level and needed to find somewhere better to go to, also fell out with the GM somehow :P.

Callous - Stopped Raiding after ICC.

Legion : Destiny Awaits. Its just a guild with some IRL friends. Nothing serious. They've told me to leave and find a real guild.

How many hours non-raiding time would you estimate you play per week:

At the minute it varies. Because of being a solo dps its quite disheartening trying to actually get anything done so i just attempt to get my raids and highest M+ done with a few bits in between. When im raiding I put in a fair bit more time.

About your (main) character

Before submitting, please make sure that your armoury profile is displaying PvE gear, that your gear is fully in order and that you're showing off your character at their best. Applying with a sub-standard spec, missing, inappropriate or low-level enchants, gems, glyphs etc. will not be looked upon kindly.

Name: Iol [Its an i]

Class: DK

Character's /played: 10days, its a fresh character basically. I’m not on the same account i had back then.

Server (if making an x-realm application): Doomhammer

Armoury link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...mer/Iol/simple

UI screenshot (preferably in a raid group and with binds apparent):

https://gyazo.com/27fc1f71b59d5a69c56526d4caf58c08

Addons used: Mainly ELV, DBM, Weakauras, Recount,

Specs (give us details on the spec you're applying as, the specs you use, especially if different to those displayed on your armoury profile during the application process. In addition, give us any other pertinent information, what you feel you are capable of raiding on etc) *NB The ability to play more than one spec to a raiding level will earn you bonus points. We value adaptable people highly*:

Frost, can play unholy but without legendary bracers there really is no reason to right now.

Race (indicate how attached you are to it i.e., would you change it for min-maxing purposes):

Blood Elf, not attached to it but afaik its the most versatile for dps.

How would you rate your class knowledge (do you min-max, use tools like rawr, tell us why you're great at playing what you play):

I would probably rate my frost knowledge as a 9/10. I know exactly how to play it and what to change to for the boss situation. Albeit theres not much to change most of the time. I use forums to theorycraft and simcraft as well. Pawn helps but you cant really use it as a frost dk optimally because of breakpoints.

About your alts

We're only really interested in characters capable of raiding up to progression with us. We're not interested in characters on other realms you won't be moving, your blue-geared tank, or L37 shaman.

Copy this section for as many worthwhile alts as you have.

Name: Imao

Class: Druid

Server (if making an x-realm application): Doomhammer

Armoury link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...er/Imao/simple

Addons used (if different to main character):

Specs (give us details on the specs you use, especially if different to those displayed on your armoury profile during the application process. In addition, give us any other pertinent information, what you feel you are capable of raiding on etc):

Mainspec is Resto, used to play boomkin but it just isnt an optimal dps spec, again missing a necessary legendary much like unholy dk.

Race (indicate how attached you are to it i.e., would you change it for racial min-maxing purposes):

Tauren, not attached, dont care for race.

How would you rate your class knowledge for this class:

9/10 again, I know resto inside out and boomkin ive fallen behind as i havent played it seriously for a couple of months.

Setup information

Tell us about your computer spec (specifics are preferred, but if you're not too good on the technical stuff, being general is sufficient; "a 2 year old Dell" or "a glorified toaster which can't handle projected textures" for example):

i7 4790k. 4gb GTX970, 16gb Ram, SSD/HDD. Thats all you really need to be fair.

How is your FPS while in a raid:

Never drops below 60.

Tell us about your Internet connection (speed, usual raiding latency, ISP, any disconnection issues):

Stable as anything, fixed a faulty cable and has never dropped since.

Run a speed and latency test to Frankfurt, Germany here and post the image. Frankfurt is here for the geographically challenged:

https://gyazo.com/85a0cd31ee6241cb2dc69ba9c2b98192

Do you have a microphone: Yes

Do you have teamspeak 3 (do yourself a favour, download and install it then answer "yes"): Yes

Are you actually willing to speak (we're not asking for existential debate, just the ability to issue simple statements during raid encounters to the tune of "I'm taking x next". Essentially, now would be the time to tell us if you're a mute, cripplingly shy or similar): Indeed.

Final stretch

Are you absolutely certain you enjoy the class and spec you're applying as? (We aren't looking to recruit people who're applying with something they don't much enjoy because we're recruiting it, deep down want to be playing something else):

Love playing whack a mole on the frost dk, its not the best dps in the world but it suits my style of play. Have tried others but just not found much that excites me.

What can we expect from you (sell yourself to us):

I would class myself as a very competent player, I might not have raided properly for a long time but I can’t see why i would struggle. As most people know the old content wasn’t exactly easy to do back then. As an ex raid leader in a quite successful(if i do say so myself) guild, i know what is required of myself in terms of vocals/abilities and what to bring to the raid.

What do you expect from us:

Stable raiding, being able to play the game without spamming “sign up” and getting top trumped by some bad in better gear :<, yes im salty. A bit of company and chat while actually playing would make life a little bit better.

Tell us anything else you think we might be interested in knowing:
    Well, I basically only applied because I had a good experience with one of you chaps, think his name was Kenpachi. He told me you needed plate dps so here I am. don’t know if thats relevant still.

Anything I've missed then just let me know.
    Last edited by Iol; 20-12-2016, 09:46 PM.

Good application - no recent mythic progression, but that's not necessarily a big issue. We'll have a chat among the officers and get back to you shortly.

Comment

Thanks, yeah unfortunately I don't have current top end experience but I haven't seen anything mechanic or tactic wise which is vastly different from what I was used to. Hopefully my previous exp makes up for it

Comment

Sorry for the very long reply - of course, this bridged Christmas. We'll give you a shot; our first raid back after the Christmas break is Jan 4th, so please make sure you're transferred and ready to go by then. Of course, doing so earlier might help with gearing (people will be doing Mythic+ at least, maybe some alt raids). Whisper a guild member in game, they can likely point you to an officer for an invite. Welcome aboard!

Comment

Awesome, I'll transfer over tomorrow after the reset. A gm said it would be wise to wait just incase my weekly chest bugs out. Will poke somebody once i'm there, will have a different name as Iol is taken :<

Comment

Have you tried all 5 realms? Haomarush, Dragonmaw, Spinebreaker, Vashj are connected to Stormreaver. Failing that, you can probably delve into the ASCII character set for a dodgy í or something, though that admittedly might not win friends

Comment

Working...
            X