Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to effectively use the legendary ring(s)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to effectively use the legendary ring(s)

Thought I should start a discussion here about the mechanics of the legendary ring and how to maximize the potential damage from the dps ring. Feel free to discuss healer / tank rings as well, I haven't looked into those yet so I can't contribute with anything yet.

What we know:
    • This ring is activated by a single person and everyone with the DPS Legendary rings get the proc with the person that activated it.
    • Everyone with the legendary ring (of specific category of rings, tank, healer, dps) gets the shared cooldown of 2 minutes.
    • During the proc you will get a 25% increased damage for 15 seconds.
    • The burst of store damage ((2500 / 100)% of all damage dealt by the empowered allies, to all enemies within 20 yards.) only comes from the activator of the ring.
    Obviously everyone will have different openers and will do their big burst at different times. Therefore I want everyone to contribute with comments about when they deal the most damage in opener so we can figure out when to pop the ring.

First thing that comes to my mind when looking at the burst of stored damage is to have a mage use it. If my theory is correct we can make it hit twice on some encounters. With prismatic crystal we can possibly achieve this. It's beyond broken if it works, but it's worth a try. In case that doesn't work I hope we can get a discussion going about who should activate it. If anyone else has a similar mechanic in their spec we could try that.

When does burst happen at singletarget (most of these times just taken from high ranks in brf):
    • Arcane 4-6 seconds - burst at 7 - 20 seconds - PC
    • Fire 4-6 seconds(assuming good crits) - Then increased ignite from ring = bigger combust - burst mostly depends on ignite therefore should be built with ring proc. Might be good to save combust for ring. (Playstyle will change a lot when T17 2set is killed) Most likely earlier combusts.
    • Frost: Nobody cares, its not a spec.
    • BM hunter: Whenever stampede is used.
    • MM: Steady high dmg 3-30.
    • Survival: 2-28
    • Balance druid: 2-24.
    • Ret: 1-20.
    On a boss without lust on pull such as Blackhand it looks like it's best to use at ~4 seconds after pull.
    Last edited by Offroad; 13-06-2015, 01:03 PM.

There's this trinket for agility users that stores up the damage done by ALL SOURCES and then explodes back dealing 120% of it. I believe i could time this pretty well during AR , as it has 1 RPPM , and having my 4 set that's additional 15% damage increase to all sources.

Comment

Having my four set and activating the ring , that's 30% increased dmg (Avenging wrath) + the use of the ring = 55% increased dmg + i will be able to re-use avenging wrath (4 set grants two charges of avenging wrath) for the burst of stored dmg.

Comment

When to use it
        If bloodlust happens to be on pull we should dealy the ring for 4-5 seconds. Raiddps is usally highest in the frame from second 5 to second 20.
        http://www.wowhead.com/item=124230&bonus=567 is a trinket we could take into account for casterdps. Another thing that should be mentioned is that we can easily use the rings to trivialize some encounter mechanics if burstdamage is needed.

Who should use it
        As long as double dipping Prismatic Crystal works ill go for mages. Its just hilarious.

Comment

> Be shadow
          > Have no burst
          > cry erry time

Comment

But the ring use have 2min shared cooldown, that means most likely we will be using the ring like 1-5 times on single boss fight, subject to how long boss fights lasts. However Shadow priest migh be one of the strongest using it at the end of the fight after 20% hp!

Comment

If the damage counts as damage done by Vul, he should use it with his broken trinket. I've read somewhere that the damage counts as damage done by yourself, even though you aren't the one that used the ring. It's all speculations.
              On some fights it will be very nice for adds that has to be killed before X happens or before they reach a point, or just to clear them. Like the Anzu boss, use it when adds spawn, everyone go ham and then finish them off with ring blast.

Comment

Originally posted by Offroad View Post
                If the damage counts as damage done by Vul, he should use it with his broken trinket. I've read somewhere that the damage counts as damage done by yourself, even though you aren't the one that used the ring. It's all speculations.
                On some fights it will be very nice for adds that has to be killed before X happens or before they reach a point, or just to clear them. Like the Anzu boss, use it when adds spawn, everyone go ham and then finish them off with ring blast.
                My understanding of the damage part is that the damage is allocated to each player in proportion to the damage they contributed.

Comment

Tried to put together a list of when to use the ring. Feel free to correct my derps, it's 4 in the morning and i cant sleep...
                  It's probably not that optimal for mythic on most of the bosses we haven't used it on yet, so that will most likely change a lot.

Assault: Use on pull, then when we lust - for the big named dudes, Grute etc. Then off cd again whenever we have some high prio targets up. - Melee should use it.

Reaver: Use on pull, maybe asap off cd again (worked out well in hc, even though some cried when i used it. I hugged boss during his charge with ginvis for the explosion). If not, wait for him to land again. Off cd again. Melee should use it.

Kormok: Use as the hands come up, if you dont have the ring, dont go too much ham if we dont need it. Better to have all that aoe dmg go into the ring burst after hands. If we do need it then go ahead. Off cd unless we can line it up with hands. - Melee use

Council: Use on pull. Then on push, then off cd probably. - Melee use

Kilrogg: On pull, then always after visions grps come out. If that lines up well. - Melee use

Gorefiend: On pull then on feasts. - Melee or range use.

Iskar: Use in add phases. - Melee use

Socretar: On pull, then on dominators. - Melee use on pull, anyone when we are stacked on boss. - Make sure dominator dies before ring duration ends or else we will lose 50% of the damage to the immune boss. Dont suck.

Velhari: On pull, then on push, then last phase. Not sure about mythic yet. - Melee hyppeeeeee

Xhul: Use on add waves. - Anyone if we are all close to boss.

Fel dude: On pull and for enrage. - Melee hypeee

Manneroth: On pull, then on add waves. Then save for lase phase push, derped on that last week, didnt think the fight would be that short. - Make sure it's used after fears / Felseeker shit - Anyone use, we stack on the side of the boss all the time.

Archi: On pull, then on cd, prefer to have add waves for more dips and to finish off tank adds. Don't derp and use if we have to move. Save until grp comes out and we lust. - Melee / range use.
                  Last edited by Offroad; 24-07-2015, 02:15 AM.

Comment

WW monk is around 4-8sec in fight so seems nice to me

Comment

Thanks for necroraping this thread. FUCKING MONKS AGAIN

Comment

Working...
                      X